September 23, 2012

El Mercado de San Telmo

Today I spent all afternoon at the market in San Telmo. It was a gorgeous Spring day -- perfect for just wandering around the market and neighborhood. I got a little bit lost at one point... but San Telmo is a safe area and I hadn't been there before so I enjoyed the stroll. The market takes place every Sunday, and I already can't wait to go back. There were so many lovely trinkets, like vintage jewelry, these precious miniature tango shoes and leather bags. I wanted to buy a little bit of everything! But I resisted... with the exception of a beautiful ceramic mate that a local artist made. It is so unique and unlike any other mate that vendors usually sell. I was also able to get the price down, so it ended up being a bit of a steal. Mate is growing on me... and I couldn't leave Buenos Aires without one of my own, right? Some of the art was also stunning. I would like to go back and buy one of the pieces from the artist in the picture below.
I love it.


now I just need some herba mate!


I tried on a coral necklace from the 1940's! Pretty inexpensive, as well.

So tiny and fabulous!

leatherleatherleather

It is no rumor... there are tango performances in the street! She danced beautifully, and the gentleman was very charming. I might have accepted when he asked me to dance if there wasn't such a big audience!

No comments:

Post a Comment